Electric Comic Book is an album by the rock band Blues Magoos, the follow-up to their successful debut release Psychedelic Lollipop. The psychedelic rock/garage rock formula is followed again on this release but without a high-charting single. A couple of tracks, "Intermission" and "That's All Folks" (a very brief, hard-rocking parody of the Looney Tunes end theme) showcase the band's bizarre sense of humor.
Three singles were released from Electric Comic Book, "Summer is the Man", "Life is Just a Cher O'Bowlies", and "There's A Chance We Can Make It", the latter being the only to chart and its B-Side, "Pipe Dream," charting higher.
Electric Comic Book part 2 - electric comic book.
- "Pipe Dream" (Gilbert, Scala)
- "There's a Chance We Can Make It" Gilbert, Scala)
- "Life is Just a Cher O'Bowlies" (Gilbert, Scala)
- "Gloria" (Van Morrison)
- "Intermission" (Esposito)
- "Albert Common is Dead" (Gilbert, Scala)
- "Summer is the Man" (Esposito, Scala)
- "Baby, I Want You" (Gilbert, Theilhelm)
- "Let's Get Together" (Jimmy Reed)
- "Take My Love" (Gilbert, Scala)
- "Rush Hour" (Daking, Gilbert, Esposito)
- "That's All Folks" (Blues Magoos)
- Ralph Scala - keyboards, vocals
- Emil "Peppy" Theilhelm â" guitar, vocals
- Ron Gilbert â" bass, vocals
- Mike Esposito â" guitar
- Geoff Daking â" drums, percussion
Album - Billboard (North America)
Singles - Billboard (North America)
- Classic Bands
- Allmusic entry